求助:如何获得有关医学和社会学的英语为母语的人写的学术论文语料及进行相关的词频统计,请赐教

我要写的硕士论文是学术语篇结论部分的模糊限制语的人际功能研究,想选取医学社会学两个典型的理科和文科进行对比研究,可是我对语料库几乎一无所知,今天无意间搜索并注册成为会员感觉很幸运.知道这里高手云集,希望得到各位老师的帮助和指教.我想从JEDST获得语料,可是不知怎样能获得?另外我想进行一些情态动词和情态副词的词频统计及对比分析,不知用啥软件?根据我的了解如果进入JDEST就应该有相应的词频统计的软件.还有其它语料库可以使用吗?怎样获得?除了Wordsmith需要付费的还有没有可用于我研究的软件?我现在急需获得相关语料的方式最适合的统计分析工具.请多多帮助,不胜感激.

Last edited:
回复: 求助:如何获得有关医学和社会学的英语为母语的人写的学术论文语料及进行相关的词频统计,请赐教

Don't you think hedges in academic discourse have been overly researched? Why did you choose this topic?

AntConc can serve most of your research purposes.

Thanks a lot!:) In response to your question:) : I don't think it's overtly discussed . And I think it is worth exploring the similarities and differences of the use of hedge in natural science and social science. As a matter of fact, I haven't found any direct material about the discussions of this aspect. By the way, where can I download AntConc? Don't be impatient, I am a green hand at it. Thanks again for your help.

Don't be impatient, I am a green hand at it, too!

Google AntConc, click and find the first hit in the results.

;) Thank you for your kind help.

I'm not sure whether this is a late reply and Zhao has already finished his/her thesis. Actually a further extension of this topic was also discussed by a taiwan MA student from National Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology.

"The Understanding of and Attitude toward Hedging Devices in English Medical Journals by Taiwanese Medical Professionals." (2003)
It is downloadable and people who are interested in it can GOOGLE the website.

How to extend the cross-disciplinary investigation of hedges

Thanks a lot!:) In response to your question:) : I don't think it's overtly discussed . And I think it is worth exploring the similarities and differences of the use of hedge in natural science and social science. As a matter of fact, I haven't found any direct material about the discussions of this aspect. By the way, where can I download AntConc? Don't be impatient, I am a green hand at it. Thanks again for your help.

To my understanding, the view of Dr. Xu is reasonable and worth our attention:p . Upon investigating cross-disciplinary variations of hedges and other metadiscourse items, we researchers will have to think about novelty as compared with the prior literature; in particular, with a series of seminal studies by Ken Hyland (to just name a few, 1998, 2000, 2005).

The MA thesis by a Taiwan student that I listed in the previous posting looks like a good effort. :cool:

Back
顶部