WHat can we do with the help of GO TAGGER?

melia

初级会员
i don't think GO TAGGER can help much in corpus studies from my shallow understanding of go tagger at present. i know this saying itself would arouse very different, even angry voices from members here. what i really mean is this: what can we do with go tagger? this question seems too general and stupid at the same time. the reason we choose one corpus tool is that it serves our purposes. if it doesn't, just ignore it.
but my problem is like this.i want to extract the unique features of CMC discourse, to be specific,mailing list. it is widely said the CMC language is kind of combination of writing and speech. biber's multidimensional features suits the purpose well. but i am limited by the choice of software. in face i have no choise. the tagging software i could access is go tagger, the corpus tool i could get is WS 3.0 ( a crashed version, can't create key key-word and index). with the combination of go tagger and this WS, to what extent can i achieve the biber's multidimensional features?
hope it makes sense. i am almost in a mess, mind and mood.

回复: WHat can we do with the help of GO TAGGER?

If I am not wrong, you are talking about several points at the same time:

- How to identify the unique features of CMC discourse?
- How to do a Biberish study on CMC discourse?
- How to achieve the above two only with Go Tagger and a problematic WS 3.0?

one word on WS 3.O
It works well except the index and key key-word list.

it is also my question. how could we achieve Biber's results by using go tagger and WS. i think there are bound to be more tools than these two being used in doing MD research. actually. i am very curious about the detailed procedures of doing MD research. i also see many scholars using it and produce pieces of essays of quality. thank you!

Back
顶部