Qs about wordSmith & AntConc

Both wordSmith & AntConc can be used for word concordaces. They are very similar in their functions. It seems WordSmith is used more widely in corpus studies. If i want to do research on collocations, which one should i use?

回复: Qs about wordSmith & AntConc

Both of the two tools can help you do research on collocations, and WST4.0 can provide more statistical measures than AntConc, for AntConc only has MI and T-value statistical measures, but WST4.0 has five measures.

AntConc is free of charge. WordSmith Tool is commercial software. Antconc is capable of doing many tasks.

A million thanks. It's so good to see the post get a reply. Feel warm!

Both of the two tools can help you do research on collocations, and WST4.0 can provide more statistical measures than AntConc, for AntConc only has MI and T-value statistical measures, but WST4.0 has five measures.

Thank you, armstrong. It's shameful that i don't know AntConc has MI and T-value statistical measures. Could you tell me how to get MI and T-value in AntConc?

AntConc is free of charge. WordSmith Tool is commercial software. Antconc is capable of doing many tasks.

Thank you,Haiyang. I have AntConc and WS 3.0 at hand. Different tools generate different statistical results for the same file. Since they are similar, i just choose one i like?

the past posts answered the similar question,please search them and you'll get the answer.

Good luck!

I really appreciate your help to tell how to get MI and T value though Antconc?
Thank you!

bnc word list can't not be used for antconc how can i get a wordlist for antconc

Back
顶部