Asking for recommendation of a corpus of English novels

ivysweet

初级会员
I'd like to do a study on verifying translation universal hypotheses by comparing translated English novels with native speakers' ones in terms of some language features. I've got the translated English data at hand, but not yet for the latter. Ideally, it should be a large corpus of English novels. My first thought is BNC, but I find there are only three subcategories under fiction--drama, poetry, and prose, which can hardly meet the need of my research. Does anybody have some recommendations? Thanks!

回复: Asking for recommendation of a corpus of English novels

try google. oxford text archive stores a quite a number of corpora free of charge but a copy of online request form must be filled and sent for approval and download link. try your luck there, and there are some other similar text collection site like guttenberg recommended by dr xujiajin and dr xiao, if you like you may search and look for what you want there as well. good luck!

回复: Asking for recommendation of a corpus of English novels

Thank you very much for your advise. It's really embarassing that I know there must be a lot of corpora of this kind out there, it's just I cann't find the one to my need (an English novel corpus). Anyway, I'll keep trying! Thanks!

Back
顶部