问:如何在WordSmith 5中计算Standardised TTR (STTR)

尊敬的许博士,您好!

我想请教您一个问题: 请问如何用wordsmith 5.0计算TTR的standard deviationa 值?我的软件似乎无法计算。

提前向您致谢!同时感谢您一直以来对新手们的帮助和支持!

回复: 急求许博士

WordSmith中应该通过WordList操作获得。见下面的两个截图。

另外,我在Readability Analyzer的说明中解释过,WordSmith中的STTR的公式有一个主要缺陷,就是将最后一个1000词的TTR归0,那是很草率的处理方式。

我们的算法里是按最后1000词的实际TTR计算的,应该更公允一些。详见ReadMe文件。

Readme下载
http://www.corpus4u.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=730&d=1250864581

软件下载
http://www.corpus4u.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=769&d=1251645403

附件

• WordList.jpg
    WordList.jpg
    97.8 KB · 浏览: 22
  • STTR.jpg
    STTR.jpg
    157.5 KB · 浏览: 22
回复: 问:如何在WordSmith 5中计算Standardised TTR (STTR)

非常、非常、非常感谢许博士的及时指点和帮助!:)

尊敬的许博士,您好!

不好意思,又来麻烦您了!我按照您说的用WS5.0 操作了一下,发现我的结果中就没有ST.TTR。请教您这是怎么回事啊?是我的软件有问题了吗?请您看看截图。急死我了!

附件

• 新建 Microsoft Word 文档.doc
    132.5 KB · 浏览: 19

That's because your texts are very short - mostly 200-300 words. As Jiajin said, WST igores text segments shorter than 1000 words when STTRs are computed.

Thank you very much, Dr. Xiao. This time I understand.
Bt which is OK for me to calculate ST.TTR ,with WS at the basis of 100 words or 200 words, or 300 words? I tried them separately, only to find the results vary with the choice of different basis. And they are higher than the ST.TTR of FLOB.
Could it be possible? Can I rely on these results? The software recommended by Dr. Xu does not work in my computer. So now I really do not know what to do. Please help me !

I think you could define 100 words as the basis if you use wordsmith - it appears that all of your texts are above 100 words. If you define a 200 word basis, then all the texts below 200 words will be ignored.

Then you will use the same basis for your native control data - FLOB or whatever. You'll also need to make sure the selected native data is of similar nature to your learner composition data.

Thank you very much, Dr. Xiao. This time I understand.
Bt which is OK for me to calculate ST.TTR ,with WS at the basis of 100 words or 200 words, or 300 words? I tried them separately, only to find the results vary with the choice of different basis. And they are higher than the ST.TTR of FLOB.
Could it be possible? Can I rely on these results? The software recommended by Dr. Xu does not work in my computer. So now I really do not know what to do. Please help me !

Dear Dr. Xiao,

I really appreicate you kindness and valuable help! Now I understand. Million thanks,again!

Wish you happy and healthy forever!

Back
顶部