词汇中心教学法的交际观 the Lexical Approach (Lewis), the Lexical Syllabus (Willis), DDL (Johns)

xujiajin

管理员
Staff member
许家金,2009,词汇中心教学法的交际观——理论溯源与反思,《中国外语教育》(4):38-45。

前一段读了些书,写了篇习作,请各位指正。

附件

• 38-45词汇中心教学法的交际观——理论溯源与.pdf
    1.6 MB · 浏览: 345
回复: 词汇中心教学法的交际观:理论溯源与反思

许老师,您是不是要重新链一下,貌似打不开。

链接是OK的,单击右键“目标另存为”,不要在浏览器中直接打开。

Sorry to say again that I can't downloan it even though "Save as.

回复: 词汇中心教学法的交际观:理论溯源与反思 the lexical approach, the lexical syllabus

:)Thanks a lot.

回复: 词汇中心教学法的交际观 the lexical approach, the lexical syllabus, DDL

已拜读完,感谢许博士的述评!

拜读了,很有学到。

里面提到的很多问题很值得探讨的,比如效率

拜读了,很有学到。

里面提到的很多问题很值得探讨的,比如效率.

语料库大了,检索效率很是问题。

拜读了,很有学到。

里面提到的很多问题很值得探讨的,比如效率.

语料库大了,检索效率很是问题。

说的不是检索效率,是教学效率。即不可能每个词都通过语料库的方法来教。

a good review.

but I think "交际观" in the title carries a little weight in the article. Plus, the assertion (in the footnote) that "真正较早的、有规模的语料库研究中心当属1980年开始COBUILD项目的伯明翰大学" is open to question.

a good review.

but I think "交际观" in the title carries a little weight in the article. Plus, the assertion (in the footnote) that "真正较早的、有规模的语料库研究中心当属1980年开始COBUILD项目的伯明翰大学" is open to question.

Thanks for the comment.

Do you mean a little weight or little weight? I guess you meant the latter.
But if you read the original works by Dave Willis and Michael Lewis, and also look into the Lexical Syllabus/Lexical Approach against the large historical background of ELT methodology, the communicative nature of the Lexical Syllabus is evident.

Regarding your second question, I don't know what's in your mind as to one of the earliest research centres on corpus studies in MODERN sense and scholars worked in shared beliefs and worked under the leadership of some founders of corpus research?

If you were not sure about the exact year 1980, let me give you the source I was referring to:

On page vii, the first page of THE Introduction TO the collection "Looking Up: An Account of the COBUILD Project (1987) edited by J. Sinclair" reads like the following:

"Work started in 1980 on a feasibility study, swiftly followed by the appointment of a small core team. The starting point was in research dating back to 1961 and the earliest academic computing." [My comment: Sinclair was referring to OSTI report he and Halliday worked on in Edinburgh in 1960s.]

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean a little weight or little weight? I guess you meant the latter.

That conclusion is simply out of my impression of the coverage of the communicative nature of the Lexical Syllabus in the paper. Maybe I need to read more.

Regarding your second question, I don't know what's in your mind as to one of the earliest research centres on corpus studies in MODERN sense and scholars worked in shared beliefs and worked under the leadership of some founders of corpus research?

It seems to me that the efforts of the LLC (in the mid-1970s) and Lancaster/IBM SEC are worth considerting as well. Certainly, it depends on how we interpret "较早的、有规模的" , for instance, LLC has only 500,000 words, although being the first electronic corpus to have prosodic features built into it (Garside,etc., 1997:10). If "有规模的" simply refers to the raw size, no corpus can beat the Bank of English. Considering that annotating a corpus is more demanding than assembling raw texts, I cannot completely vote for Birmingham.

Thanks for the reply.

That conclusion is simply out of my impression of the coverage of the communicative nature of the Lexical Syllabus in the paper. Maybe I need to read more.

It seems to me that the efforts of the LLC (in the mid-1970s) and Lancaster/IBM SEC are worth considerting as well. Certainly, it depends on how we interpret "较早的、有规模的" , for instance, LLC has only 500,000 words, although being the first electronic corpus to have prosodic features built into it (Garside,etc., 1997:10). If "有规模的" simply refers to the raw size, no corpus can beat the Bank of English. Considering that annotating a corpus is more demanding than assembling raw texts, I cannot completely vote for Birmingham.

Many thanks again for your response. It's great to read your comment.
In the footnote, I was commenting on the research centre (语料库研究中心) and their research. I was not talking about the earliest corpora. I hope I have made my point clearer now.

Yes. I now sort of know what you meant by ""交际观" in the title carries a little weight in the article."
You are right in saying so, because initially the article was to sketch the history of the Lexical Syllabus/Lexical Approach. The communicative nature of the approach was a later discovery when I read along and wrote up the article halfway.

I was commenting on the research centre (语料库研究中心) and their research.
Oops, what a glaring mistake. shame on me!
It seems to me that "a small core team" is still hard to be counted large-scale, though I have no access to the information of the number of the team members of other projects.
Meanwhile, I feel you are one of a few nice and honest researchers I have encountered in here. It is a good talk, thanks.

Earliest research centres include J. Sinclair led Birmingham team (COBUILD->Bank of English), G. Leech led Lancaster team (BNC), S. Greenbaum led UCL team (ICE, and SEU 1969 project later digitized), Scandinavian group headed by Jan Svartvik, Stig Johansson et al.

The Birmingham team and the Lancaster team have stood out as two main concentrations of research ideas and projects.

Back
顶部