News from CL2005

xiaoz

永远的超级管理员
Staff member
The International Conference of Corpus Linguistics 2005 was held jointly by Birmingham and Lancaster Universities at Birmingham during 14-17 July. Over 220 people attended the conference. The conference proceedings will be published online at:

www.corpus.bham.ac.uk/PCLC

which is not available at the moment but will be announced shortly.

There were four keynote speakers at the conference. Alison Wray from Cardiff talked about corpus research from a psychological perspective; Mike Scott from Liverpool demonstrated the power of keyword analysis; Anna Mauranen from Helsinki introduced her research in ELF (English as a linga franca); and finally Tony McEnery from Lancaster talked about text reuse, keyword analysis and MDA in news studies.

In a parallel session, I presented a contrastive study of passive constructions in English and Chinese, the PPT slides of which are now available at the following link:

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/postgrad/xiaoz/papers/cl2005.ppt

There is also a speaker from China, ZhANG Yang from the University of electronic Science and Technology of China. He compiled a corpus using new the national syllabus and a new set of college English coursebooks.

Interestingly, while Professor Hongyin Tao was absent from the conference, I was happy to see that Alison cited in her plenary speech his work (in collaboration with Charles Meyer) in preparation: Genre-based distribution of gapping in ICE-GB.

回复:News from CL2005

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-7-18 21:16:55 的发言:

Over 220 people attended the conference.

That's Impressive!
In a parallel session, I presented a contrastive study of passive constructions in English and Chinese, the PPT slides of which are now available at the following link:

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/postgrad/xiaoz/papers/cl2005.ppt

Good work!

Interestingly, while Professor Hongyin Tao was absent from the conference, I was happy to see that Alison cited in her plenary speech his work (in collaboration with Charles Meyer) in preparation: Genre-based distribution of gapping in ICE-GB.

They have a joint paper (with a few other people) on language evolution that will appear in the journal Language Learning.

Alison Wray's work on prefabs is intersting.

Yes there are some. The conference proceedings will be available online soon.

Back
顶部