The BNC-Baby: isn"t it cute?

xiaoz

永远的超级管理员
Staff member
The BNC-Baby (2nd edition)

Contents-

Full XML text of BNC-Baby four million words in total, extracted from the British National Corpus ― a unique 100 million word snapshot of British English at the end of the twentieth century, together with detailed documentation of the corpus design and contents, and demonstration materials for using it in English language teaching.

The BNC Sampler two million words in total, extracted from the original BNC edition, and converted to XML format. These texts were all hand-tagged and corrected during production of the BNC.

A Standard Corpus of Present Day Edited American English
the original Brown corpus, converted to XML, with POS tagging and lemmata
Xaira a new search and retrieval program for use with this ― or any other ― XML corpus.

Order online:

30 euros for one copy, 10 euros each for orders of over 10 copies.

http://www.natcorp.ox.ac.uk/babyinfo.html

why is it so difficult for us to buy these corpora in China?
if somebody goes to Europe, China, or US, please buy many of them to come back. i will pay for one copy.
i have an idea, we should open a special shop in our BBS for us to buy corpus linguistics and softwares.
two advantages:1. much cheaper because of buying them in group
2.more convenient for us and save much postagae
what about this idea?

It is quite convenient to order online, but the problem is that PRC citezens don't have foreign currencies for the payment due to the currency restriction policy.

One more question is that China-bound CDs will have to undergo strict inspections through China Customs. Delays and even confiscations are very probable.

I do think BNC bady is cool, because it is slim (as compared with the overweighted World Edition) and does not require too much computer resources.

it's a pity, i haven't a baby either. i can't find many examples of this word"backlash", anybody has a baby or world can upload the screenshots of this word? thank u very much in advance.

回复:The BNC-Baby: isn"t it cute?

以下是引用 patricx2005-7-30 21:28:52 的发言:

i have an idea, we should open a special shop in our BBS for us to buy corpus linguistics and softwares.
what about this idea?

I personally think it's a good idea.

回复:The BNC-Baby: isn"t it cute?

Ocean, is it techically possible at the site?

以下是引用 Ocean2005-7-30 22:55:15 的发言:
以下是引用 patricx2005-7-30 21:28:52 的发言:

what about this idea?

I personally think it's a good idea.

Back
顶部