Journal Discourse and Communication征书评

volfer

Posted by: "mb399" mb399@yahoo.co.uk mb399

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:46 pm (PST)

Dear colleague,

I am writing in my capacity as Reviews Editor for the journal Discourse and Communication (DCM), published by Sage, to ask if you are interested in writing a review for DCM.
You can find a list of books currently available for review below (normal length of a review is 1000 words, deadline is 3 months after receipt of book). Details of each book can be found on the publishers' website – note that some of them are located in Communication/ Media Studies, some in Linguistics.
If you are interested in reviewing, please contact me via return email with the title of the book, and I will provide further detailed guidelines. I would also need a brief note stating that there is no conflict of interest (i.e. that you are not in a supervisor-supervis ee relationship, friends with or in another familiar relationship with the author of the book to be reviewed). In case you have not previously reviewed for DCM, I would also need a brief biographical note (a description of your qualifications, research interests and fields of expertise.)
Do feel free to pass this email on to other interested researchers in your faculty or elsewhere, especially in Communication Studies, Media Studies, and Rhetorics.

Thank you for your attention and best wishes

Monika Bednarek

Books available for review (~ 1000 words):

Baraldi, C (ed) 2009 Dialogue in Intercultural Communities. John Benjamins.
Baym, N. K. 2010 Personal Connections in the Digital Age. Polity.
Cooren, F. 2010 Action and Agency in Dialogue. John Benjamins.
Freed, A. F. & S. Ehrlich (eds). 2010 "Why Do you ask?" The Function of Questions in Institutional Discourse OUP.
Heritage, J. & S. Clayman 2010 Talk in Action. Interactions, Identities an Institutions. Wiley Blackwell
Ilie, C (ed). 2010. European Parliaments under Scrutiny. John Benjamins.
Jeffries, L. 2010 Opposition in Discourse. The Construction of Oppositional Meaning. Continuum.
Kirby, A. 2009. Digimodernism. London/New York: Continuum
Kuehnlein, P, Benz, A. & C. L. Sidner (eds) 2010 Constraints in Discourse 2. John Benjamins.
McKinlay, A & C McVittie (2008) Social Psychology and Discourse. Wiley-Blackwell
McGlone, M. S. & M. L. Knapp (eds) 2010. The Interplay of Truth and Deception. Routledge
Putnam, L. L. & A. Maydan Nicotera (eds) 2009 Building Theories of Organization. Routledge.
Robertson, A. 2010 Mediated Cosmopolitanism. The World of Television News. Polity.
Rubinelli S. 2009. Ars Topica. The Classical Technique of Constructing Arguments from Aristotle to Cicero. Springer.
Salovaara-Moring, I. (ed) 2009. Manufacturing Europe. Spaces of Democracy, Diversity and Communication. Nordicom
Sidnell, J. 2010 Conversation Analysis. An Introduction. Wiley Blackwell
Smith, C. A. 2010. Presidential Campaign Communication. The Quest for the White House. Polity.
Talbot, M. 2010 Language and Gender. 2nd edition. Polity Press
Teubert, W. 2010. Meaning, Discourse and Society. Cambridge: CUP.
van Rees, A. 2009 Dissociation in Argumentative Discussions. Springer

I am also looking for someone to write a 3000 word review comparing the following two books:

Hoskins, a. & B. O'Loughlin (2007) Television and Terror. Conflicting Times and the Crisis of News Discourse. Palgrave Macmillan

Jarvis, L. 2009 Times of Terror. Discourse, Temporality and the War on Terror. Palgrave Macmillan

Back
顶部