请问这两篇论文中的相关数据是如何得出的?

armstrong

高级会员
问题1: Laviosa,S.在她的论文"Core patterns of lexical use in a comparable corpus of english narrative prose"中分别给出了proportion of high frequency words:Translational 59.736429; Non-translational 58.51277778. 这两个数据是如何得出的?
问题2: 肖忠华教授在他的论文:“寻求“第三语码”——基于汉语译文语料库的翻译共性研究”一文中,有关ZCTC和LCMC的频率统计时,是如何计算出高频词重复率以及高频词与低频词之比的?

请肖教授或熟悉相关论文的老师给予解答,谢谢!

回复: 请问这两篇论文中的相关数据是如何得出的?

You can make a wordlist using of your corpus using Wordsmith.

Then define your high frequeny words (e.g. accounting for 0.10% of the corpus or above; there is a column in the Wordsmith wordlist for such statistics).

Obtain the accumulated total of high frequency words and the total of low frequency words.

Divide the the total of high frequency words by the number of these high frequency words (e.g. 100 such words) to get the repeatition rate of high frequency words.

And divide the total of high frequency words by the total of low frequency words to get the ratio between high and low frequency words.

Thanks a lot, Prof. Xiao. In my paper,I got the ratio between high and low frequency words, but the ratio was more than one hundred percent. So I am not sure if it was reasonable. Do you think it is possible?

Last edited:

If you send me your WordSmith wordlist, and your definition of "high frequency", I'll have a look for you.

I defined words accounting for 0.10% of the corpus or above as the high frequency words, then I got the frequency profiles of the corpus:
Number of items 138
Cumulative proportion 52.92%
Repetition rate of high frequency words 2088.536232
Ratio of high-to-low frequency words 1.125302099

Attachment is the wordlist of the corpus. Please help me have a look at it and correct the results if there is something wrong with them.
Thanks.

附件

• er_files.rar
    114.7 KB · 浏览: 34

Your calculations are correct. It appears that commonly used words are particularly frequent in this corpus, but this is quite possible, for example in text produced by authors who have a small vocabulary (e.g. EFL learners) or who prefer to use common words.

Thanks,Prof.Xiao, for your timely reply and explaination.

Back
顶部