如何搜索例如 take sth for granted 中的sth呢?

jjn-001

初级会员
如何搜索例如 take sth for granted 中的sth呢?应该在search中输入什么呢?非常急用,希望大家帮忙啊!我是个初学者,万分感谢!

Try "take [n*] for granted" with BNC at: http://view.byu.edu/.

Sample result is

1 TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED 4 0.04
2 TAKE VICTORY FOR GRANTED 2 0.02
3 TAKE WEALTH FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
4 TAKE PLANTS FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
5 TAKE MONEY FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
6 TAKE MATERIALS FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
7 TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
8 TAKE KNOWLEDGE FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
9 TAKE HISTORY FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
10 TAKE HEROISM FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
11 TAKE GROWTH FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
12 TAKE FOOD FOR GRANTED 1 0.01
13 TAKE BASS FOR GRANTED 1 0.01

N Concordance
1 's grace keeps me strong , and I ca n't take it for granted. I 'm just thankful I '
2 's grace keeps me strong , and I ca n't take it for granted. I 'm just thankful I '
3 his . It 's a blast . And I do n't want to take it for granted.'' There seems little
4 ther hit.'' Dunn said , ``I do n't want to take anything for granted. It 's just up
5 ther hit.'' Dunn said , ``I do n't want to take anything for granted. It 's just up
6 his . It 's a blast . And I do n't want to take it for granted.'' There seems little
7 '' Brown added: ``I just hope we do n't take it for granted. I think it would be
8 '' Brown added: ``I just hope we do n't take it for granted. I think it would be
9 eenso far from getting one , you kind of take them for granted. Now , one is wi
10 eenso far from getting one , you kind of take them for granted. Now , one is wi
11 s and pressure situations . You ca n't take that for granted.'' ``Everybody is
12 s and pressure situations . You ca n't take that for granted.'' ``Everybody is
13 eenthe parade every year , so I guess I take it for granted, he said . BC-BB
14 eenthe parade every year , so I guess I take it for granted, he said . BC-FB
15 g of coming out of the closet , could n't take anything for granted, Korie said .
16 g of coming out of the closet , could n't take anything for granted, Korie said .
17 h Steinberg warned that they should n't take it for granted. Steinberg , a prom
18 h Steinberg warned that they should n't take it for granted. Steinberg , a prom

回复:如何搜索例如 take sth for granted 中的sth呢?

以下是引用 armstrong2005-11-23 14:41:12 的发言:
if you use wordsmith tools, search: take/ takes/taking/took/taken *for granted
Is that so? If you do that way, you'll get a concordance list containing "taken* for granted". The right search word should be "take * for granted/ takes * for granted /taking * for granted/took * for granted/ taken * for granted."

以下是引用 jjn-0012005-11-23 15:13:32 的发言:
thank u, we get it.
but can u tell us how to search it with SARA?
Just open SARA and enter "take _ for granted" in the Quick Query box, and press the Enter button. Concordance lines containing "take _ for granted" will be displayed. You can get more sentences if you treat "takes _ for granted, taking _ for granted, took _ for granted or taken _ for granted" one by one as Search word.

以下是引用 chrisyang2005-11-23 15:38:46 的发言:
以下是引用 armstrong2005-11-23 14:41:12 的发言:
if you use wordsmith tools, search: take/ takes/taking/took/taken *for granted
Is that so? If you do that way, you'll get a concordance list containing "taken* for granted". The right search word should be "take * for granted/ takes * for granted /taking * for granted/took * for granted/ taken * for granted."
Here the tool you use should be WordSmith, not SARA.

以下是引用 jjn-0012005-11-23 16:07:18 的发言:
ok, that really works! thank u !

You're welcome!

another question: if i want to find all the adj. used in the phrase of "play a/an adj. role"? how can i search for that i SARA?
thank u!

以下是引用 jjn-0012005-11-23 16:12:23 的发言:
another question: if i want to find all the adj. used in the phrase of "play a/an adj. role"? how can i search for that i SARA?
thank u!

First please try the following method and see whether the result is useful for your study.
Enter "play a _ role" in the Quick Query box, you'll get 438 lines while 165 lines are displayed if "play an _ role" is treated as Search word.

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年11月23日 16时38分16秒 编辑过]

以下是引用 jjn-0012005-11-23 16:12:23 的发言:
another question: if i want to find all the adj. used in the phrase of "play a/an adj. role"? how can i search for that i SARA? thank u!
Enter "play a _ role" in the Quick Query box, you'll get 438 lines while 165 lines are displayed if "play an _ role" is treated as Search word. If you want to make sure whether the words between a/an and role are adj. as you wanted, click on the Format button and choose SGML, then press Enter. I'm afraid you'll have to do some manual work.

i'm sorry that i haven't logged on internet for several days, and i'm happy to see that you have answered my question. i have tried your method, and i've got what i want, thank u very much!
hope that i can get ur help next time! there are a lot of things i still don't know.

Back
顶部