[求助]能否用wordsmith检索例如 cooked meal 中的ed 呢?

seeker

初级会员
请问各位前辈:能否用wordsmith检索例如 cooked meal 中的ed 呢?如果能的话,我应该在search中输入什么呢? 万分感谢!

You can of course search for *ed if your corpus is not POS tagged, but in this case you will get words such as need which are not past forms or past participles. If your corpus is POS tagged (e.g. word_tag), you can search for *ed_VVD/*_VVN, e.g. in CLAWS tagged corpora.

回复:[求助]能否用wordsmith检索例如 cooked meal 中的ed 呢?

I appreciate for your help! But it turns out that *ed_VVD/*_VVN does not work. I search for *ed_VVD/*_VVN in Brille tagged corpora, but it says: no concordance found for *ed_VVD/*_VVN. I am a green hand in this field, could you give me a detailed explanation about the " *ed_VVD/*_VVN ", or could you recommand some books or website, thanks!

回复:[求助]能否用wordsmith检索例如 cooked meal 中的ed 呢?

I am trying to do a research on the "Ved + N" structure in my corpora, in this structure, the "Ved" is used as an attributive adjective, so I also have to get rid of the "Ved + N" structure in which "Ved" is used as predicate, just as the above example"cooked meal" , I want to find out "cooked meal" in such a sentence as " The cooked meal in on the table." but not the "cooked meal" in such a sentence as " I cooked meal yesterday."
Do you think my research is feasible? thanks!

Afraid there is no reliable way to do this kind of job without human evaluation of concordances. But you can search for all past participle forms followed immediately by a noun, specifying that there must be a verb in the right context. Then remove all irrelevant concordances by examining concordances by hand.

Back
顶部