- Only one account per person is permitted.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- If you are providing an answer to a post, put your answer within your post and NOT redirect them to other sites for answers.
- Do not pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. "read this or you will be arrested"). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar".
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help. Nobody will be able to help you if you dont give sufficient detail.
- No useless posts ie one liners/thread bumping etc etc.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. Feel free to use the ‘add to users reputation’ icon next to a users post. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider donating to CORPUS4U.ORG.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material, or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.