About Annotation

What annotation style do you guys apply in your corpus study? DO we have to annotate our corpra mannually? Isn't there any program ready for use? Don't scoff at me for this seem stupid question. Now my interest is shifted to CL and I really hope to learn and do something in this field.

回复: About Annotation

What do you mean by "corpus annotation"? Why do you need to annotate your corpus? What linguistic features do you intend to annotate? You need think through these questions before asking how to annotate them...

What do you mean by "corpus annotation"? Why do you need to annotate your corpus? What linguistic features do you intend to annotate? You need think through these questions before asking how to annotate them...

I mean in a comparable or a parallel Corpus must I tag some information like "author", "Date", "style", and even some syntactic information like "NP","VP", etc.? Do you follow strictly to SGML or just define a style to your taste but make it persistent?

You didn't answer the second question. What and how to annotate is subject to why you have to annotate.

You didn't answer the second question. What and how to annotate is subject to why you have to annotate.

thanks a lot, laohong, you are really patient! you mean purposes decide actions, right? suppose I am building a corpus to investigate the recurrent features of translation universals in translated texts, is it sufficient that I only annotate the corpus with some extralinguistic features like "author", "Date", "source" and intralinguistic features like POS and other syntactic information. Do you agree?

There might be many recurrent features in translated texts. Are you going to investigate all of them? You need have a more specific research question. For instance, if you want to look at how metaphoric patterns are translated, what's the point for you to tag the corpus with POS and syntactic information?

Back
顶部