求助

回复: 求助

很多"写作秘笈"经常用到该短语, 学生记下来就经常到处用(一种常见现象).老外也用the coin has two sides, 但好像没有很高的频率.也许是中国特色吧. 这是本人看法,没有经过语料库验证的.:)还请某大虾验证为准

批学生作文的时候发现频率很高,但是用clec查下来频率极地,所以想请教专家,我是否查错啦

回复: 求助

有一种可能是因为CLEC中作文题目所限导致的。一共只搜到12个含coin的例子。
所以这里出现了我们的intuition和corpus data之间的矛盾。很难说我们的intuition错了还是corpus data有问题。

1 many child [np3,1-] with their perants [fm1,-]. Then we paid some money for the coin [np6,s-] and began to shut [wd7,2-]. My cousin was very good at it. he [fm3
2 n to shut [wd7,2-]. My cousin was very good at it. he [fm3,-s] let [vp1,-s] the coin to enter a basket in the game machine. Because of that, we got fifty piece
3 the man had found what wrong was [sn7,6-3]the the washer. There is [vp6,1-8] a coin of one yuan into [pp1,9-2] the washer. At last, the man ash [vp1,4-15] [f
4 repair [vp5,1-2]the washer. I was very regret [wd2,3-2] for this , because the coin of one yuan I put into the washer in careless [wd2,12-0] [sn8, 12-0]. So I
5 d5,s-]. Finaly [fm1,-], the changing of work brings him much trouble. But every coin has two sides. Someone like [vp3,1-] changing job usually [wd3,s-]. On the
6 e. In my hometown ?§C Shandong ?§Cdumplings have various tastes, you may find a coin in one dumpling if you are lucky enough. [sn1,-] After that nearly all of
7 es, I have many money. You see." I reached into my pocket and hurried out a big coin which was marked "5 cent." At that time I didn't know even the cheapest ice
8 1yuan. It seems that 5 was much more than 1 yuan. I caustiously [fm1,-] put the coin on the counter which was nearly as high as me. "Oh " the granny whispered,
9 nter which was nearly as high as me. "Oh " the granny whispered, staring at the coin. It made no sense to me and I was dying of thirst I anxiously looked at the
10 " The granny called me back. My "Change'----1 cent. I happily took the shinning coin and with are more thanks to her, [sn8,s]I came home, enjoying the ice. I ca
11 jump at the conclusion that TV should be totally eliminated from our society. A coin has always got two sides. There are both advantages and disadvantages of te
12 lions of jobs it has helped create. As a social product, television is also a coin of two sides. Just like opium, which can be used to cure people as well as

非常感谢您的回答。但是今年批四级作文时印象还很深,用此词组的数量很多。但是也许是由于作文题目的原因吧, 查到很少。这可以说是语料库的代表性的问题吗?我很是困惑?!

“a coin has two sides”应该是一条谚语,人们大多引用来说明一个问题,不同的人有不同的倾向,正如corpora所说,跟作文的题目有一定关系,其分布不均,除非是用于研究谚语的专门语料库,否则要求CLEC这样的学习者语料库反映谚语这一特殊语言现象,过于苛刻。

There is no instance of "a coin has two sides" in the 100 million word BNC. I think the following expressions are more idomatic:

one side of the coin:
e.g. And angry young men are just older men who haven't grown up and can only see one side of the coin.

the other/opposite side of the coin
e.g. There is also the other side of the coin.
e.g. The other side of the coin is that firms may now be hiring workers more quickly as demand picks up
e.g. And that, of course, was the other side of the coin: what people do to their children.
e.g. Making the rules is only part of it. How the rules are carried out is the other side of the coin.

two sides of the same coin
e.g. Love and anger, it seems, are two sides of the same coin.

多谢各位的回答和支持。我所迷惑的是明明看到或感到学生大量用“a coin has two sides“, 特别是在考试中,但查cleck 却很少。除了作文题目的原因,还可能是什么呢?(也许太较真了。嘿嘿)。也许就正向您说的:A lot depends on corpora, but not all.

Intuitions are unreliable, especially in matter of frequency. They are a poor guide if relied upon solely.

The British National Corpus is generaly accepted as a large balanced corpus, yet no instance is found for "a coin has two sides".

非常感谢您的回答。但是今年批四级作文时印象还很深,用此词组的数量很多。但是也许是由于作文题目的原因吧, 查到很少。这可以说是语料库的代表性的问题吗?我很是困惑?!

Back
顶部