Time for FAQs?

动态语法

管理员
Staff member
I'd like to elaborate on what OSCAR3 says below by proposing that we
come up with a few FAQs for our users, given that so many solutions and
resources have been posted here and more is likely to come up in the future.

For example, we could have a FAQ for Chinese language Corpora,
one for English Corpora, where general questions, accessiblity issues etc. are
answered based on what we know so far.

We could have a FAQ for Chinese text processing, where questions on how to
handle character space, word segmentation, concordancing, mark up, etc.
can be answered.

Notice that these FAQs may not be completed overnight - they take time to
do and probably take more than one person per FAQ, and they can be updated
as new posts (questions and answers) come up.

We need to start somewhere, maybe with a list of a few titles of FAQs and each
with a few questions (for answers)....

Since this is such a major undertaking I just wanted to post a new thread here for
discussion. We need the help of the moderators as well as every user here.

以下是引用 oscar32005-8-3 23:37:07 的发言:
我们干脆提个建议,能不能将提到的语料库分一下类,列个表,并将一些信息包括进去,如how to obtain access to 这些信息,便于大家使用资源。要不然,资源散布在各帖中,要查询还真不容易。因为本站的检索并非全文检索,只检索标题和作者。不知可否?

回复:Time for FAQs?

I also think that major pieces of software such as WordSmith Tools and Xaira
deserve separate FAQs.

This proposal is great. We administrators will discuss on this matter. But it takes time to sort things out. Please be patient.

By the way, those 精华 or 置顶 posts are what think good or general-topic posts, which I personally think can serve as FAQs for the time being.

以下是引用 xujiajin2005-8-4 0:31:49 的发言:
By the way, those 精华 or 置顶 posts are what think good or general-topic posts, which I personally think can serve as FAQs for the time being.

Yes.

Something like the new section?

I have made these sections read only for the time being until initial FAQs are ready for uploading.

I have compiled some sample FAQs and posted them in the new section, which will be expanded constantly.

I am thinking of a question: Should we keep these section read only so that questions and answers are not buried by loads of replies, or should these sections be kept open so that everyone can post a reply? In the first case, all users are welcome to contribute to questions, and answers of course but should send them to admin for inclusion via emails.

What do you think?

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-8-4 7:37:36 的发言:
I have compiled some sample FAQs and posted them in the new section, which will be expanded constantly.

I am thinking of a question: Should we keep these section read only so that questions and answers are not buried by loads of replies, or should these sections be kept open so that everyone can post a reply? In the first case, all users are welcome to contribute to questions, and answers of course but should send them to admin for inclusion via emails.

What do you think?

There are pros and cons for each solution. One way it could be done is to keep the
forum open for any contributions, but the FAQ files can be sticky'ed and only the
admin can update them as necessary.

agree to have a FAQ
i suggest these posts be read only, and the answers should be compiled by you administrators.

Back
顶部