[求助]Introduction of FLOB

ginger

初级会员
My corpus-based study concerns contrastive analysis with FLOB. I collected the data from it, but I don't what FLOB is. Who can tell me about this corpus in detail? Thank you!

回复:[求助]Introduction of FLOB

Take a look at the ICAME website:

http://gandalf.aksis.uib.no/icame/cd/credit.htm

Freiburg-LOB Corpus of British English (FLOB)

In 1991, Christian Mair, at Englisches Seminar at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, took the initiative to compile a set of corpora that would match the well-known and widely used Brown and LOB corpora with the only difference that they should represent the language of the early 1990s. The project started in April 1991. To speed up the process of compilation, Christian Mair was granted additional funding by the DFG (German Research Foundation) for the years 1994-1996.

The following have all been involved in the often tedious process of typing the text-extracts and/or the proofreading: Birgit Felleisen, Heike Fiedler, Elke Frings, Elke Gebhard, Dorothee Graf, Ulrike Günther, Matthias Kaufmann, Manfred Krug, Christoph Lindner, Isolde Mattmüller-Ofori, Nadja Nesselhauf, Christine Oesterlee, and Heike Schnitzler. Heike Fiedler helped in the final stages of proof-reading and the editing of the manual.

Special thanks go to Christoph Lindner who wrote the programs that were used in assigning the category references and line-numbers to the ASCII-texts, and to Heide Peper-Ludwig, the main troubleshooter in computer related emergencies.

The WordCruncher version has been made by Knut Hofland, University of Bergen.

Freiburg-Brown Corpus of American English (Frown)

In 1991, Christian Mair, at Englisches Seminar at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, took the initiative to compile a set of corpora that would match Brown and LOB corpora with the only difference that they should represent the language of the early 1990s. 1992 saw the beginning of the new Freiburg Brown Corpus, Frown. To speed up the process of compilation, Christian Mair was granted additional funding by the DFG (German Research Foundation) for the years 1994-1996.

The following have all been involved in the often tedious process of typing the text-extracts and/or the proofreading for the Frown corpus: Jost Burger, Birgit Felleisen, Elke Gebhard, Dorothee Graf, Ulrike Günther, Matthias Kaufmann, Manfred Krug, Christoph Lindner, Tobias Maier, Nadja Nesselhauf, Christine Oesterlee, Stefanie Rapp, Heike Schnitzler, Anne Schröder. Heike Fiedler and Nicole Knäble helped in the final stages of proofreading and the editing of the manual.

Special thanks go to Christoph Lindner who wrote the programs that were used in assigning the category references and line-numbers to the ASCII-texts, and to Heide Peper-Ludwig, the main troubleshooter in computer related emergencies.

The WordCruncher version has been made by Knut Hofland, University of Bergen.

Back
顶部