求学术文章两篇,谢谢!

melia

初级会员
have no access to the following two articles, and fail to google them.
thanks in advance.

Hert, 1997, Social dynamics of an on-line scholarly debate

Rojo and Ragsdale, 1997, A Process Perspective on Participation in Scholarly Electronic Forums

回复: 求学术文章两篇,谢谢!

more information about the two articles:
1. Hert, 1997, Social dynamics of an on-line scholarly debate source: The Information Society, Volume 13, Number 4, 1 December 1997, pp. 329-360(32).
2. Rojo and Ragsdale, 1997, A Process Perspective on Participation in Scholarly Electronic Forums source: Science Communication.1997; 18: 320-341

Here are the two papers you wanted. Note the correct citations.

======================

Hert, Philiippe. 1997. Social dynamics of an on-line scholarly debate. The Information Society, Vol. 13(4), 329-360.

Abstract

This article focuses on different means of constructing a scholarly on-line debate related to the field of science, technology, and society. The study shows how scientific interactions are reproduced in a new medium while, simultaneously, some users take advantage of new possibilities offered by the medium. The first section analyzes how the debate emerged, was constructed, and subsequently revealed the heterogeneity of goals and ideas among the participants. The second section discusses the practices that the participants explored to make the debate evolve. Two attitudes, identified as strategic and tactical, were observed. The tactical practices were to enable the emergence of a sense of community. From this perspective, the way some participants sustained mobilization and stimulated participation are analyzed. The strategic attitude is illustrated through the behavior of those who tried to be the leaders in the debate.

======================

Rojo, A., and Ragsdale, R. 1997. A Process Perspective on Participation in Scholarly Electronic Forums. Science Communication, Vol. 18(4), 320-341.

Abstract

This article describes participation in scholarly mailing lists and discusses the implications of such participation for scholars' social networks. The mixed-methods design included a qualitative study and a survey administered by e-mail (187 subjects in eleven electronic forums). Data were also retrieved from LISTSERV archives to determine each forum's profile in terms of contribution rate, adoption rate, and number of active contributors. The authors found that there was transient membership in the forums, a pattern of "few-to-many" exchange, and weak engagement with other forum members. However, the interaction generated by a small group of contributors seems to present scholars with a new social arena that may fulfill their affiliation and information needs.

======================
Download the full papers as soon as you can (which may be removed shortly as I have a limited uploading quota)
======================

Last edited:

got the paper, social dynamics of an on-line scholarly debate. but couldn't see another one, am i so stupid or?
even one article, i could feel so gratiful, in fact, i never thought i could get the help. i am here just to ask for help and this one seems so unrelated. when i couldn't find them, an idea occurred to my mind: maybe i could have a try in here. thought of a line from song, seems like this: you can check out anytime,but you can never leave. like my feeling here

Back
顶部