Being silly : )

Hi, there, sorry for the interruption.

As a beginning learner of Corpus linguistics, I am wondering which aspect of this area could be a promising one where we could further our study, say, as a PhD project. Could anyone here give some advice? Many thanks.

回复: Being silly : )

:DPh.D.? :DThat means permanent head damage, you know! :D:DIt denpends on what you would like to do.

Yeah, I see but I like it : )

I just officially begin to learn about corpus linguistics and I find it interesting and challenging to some extent. Besides, it would not harm if just keeping my mind 'functioning'. I was born a work stiff.

Thanks.

One warning: don't take corpus linguistics as your only research focus. It is better to see it a research method. You need to find a linguistic and applied linguistic focus instead.

I'm thinking about using corpus linguistic methodology coupled with discourse analysis to investigate problems relating to the interaction and grammar, specifically how affective stances can be communicated through different parts of speech as a Ph.D. dissertation. Naturally this would involve spoken data as opposed to the usually used written corpus, because alignment of affective or epistemic stances is one of the primary work done in everyday talk.

I would love to hear what teachers around here think about this. Thank you.

Back
顶部