BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1 质性数据机助标注工具

xujiajin

管理员
Staff member
BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1

The BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1 was programmed by Yunlong JIA, and designed by Jiajin XU and Yunlong JIA.

BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1 is a free qualitative analysis software application which assists in the analysis of textual data such as written texts and
transcripts.

Before coding, users need to prepare a master code list (a.k.a. coding scheme in qualitative analysis), and the code list can be modified in
codelist.ini at any stage of the coding.

Users can assign a code to the highlighted text segment, and choose one code from the coding panel or on the right-click menu. The highlighted
segments will be marked in XML coding format.

One of the innovative features of this coder is the 'auto-coding' function, if any identifiable surface linguistic features can be thought of, especially
when the users are able to compose regular expressions. This feature allows users to automatically code all text segments containing certain
string(s) in the opened text.

Once the coding is done, a matrix of coding statistics can be exported for follow-up analyses.

Please cite the tool as:

Xu, Jiajin & Yunlong Jia. (2011). BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1. National Research Center for Foreign Language Education, Beijing Foreign Studies University.

Download at: http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/20293048.html

See also: BFSU Qualitative Explorer 1.0.1质性语料标注统计分析工具

回复: BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1

I didn't get round to preparing a good manual for the tool, but I managed to fish out an old document that I wrote for new coders. It's very rough, but I hope it's helpful.

附件

• 使用帮助及编码建议.doc
    36 KB · 浏览: 211
回复: BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1 质性数据机助标注工具

感谢许博和Dr. Jia的无私奉献啊!有了这工具,终于不用在word中为标注的问题而纠结了!

有了软件BFSU Qualitative Coder 1.1,标注变得容易多了,谢谢许博和贾博.

Your qualitative tools came out just at the right time. I was jsut starting to move tag my corpus of 120 education research articles. Just imagine how much of a chore it would be to key in move tags!

Millions of thanks, Dr Xu and Dr Jia.

Auto-coding and dummy text

Here is an example of auto-coding.
Please copy the codelist - autocoding.ini and the Positive-negative.txt to the Qualitative Coder directory, and give it a try.

附件

• Auto-coding_practice_sample.rar
    622 bytes · 浏览: 84

Thanks, Dr. Xu,
I tested the auto coding function. It worked fine, but the statistics button didn't work. The alert says "access violation at address 00404DC3..." How can I take care of this minor problem?
Thanks again.

Hi again, Dr Xu,
I need to create a sub-corpus of each move. Could you sugggest a regular expression for extracting from a corpus all the text segements tagged, for example, as Move 1? The length of a rhetorical move varies from a sentence to a paragraph.

Also, what would be the best tool for this perpose?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Dr. Xu,
I tested the auto coding function. It worked fine, but the statistics button didn't work. The alert says "access violation at address 00404DC3..." How can I take care of this minor problem?
Thanks again.

Not sure about that.

如果操作做错了。貌似无法撤消?

'Ctrl + Z' will undo your previous action, as it works elsewhere in Windows.

What if I would like to have my text coded in black instead of red?
Thx a lot

Color coding is an optional feature of the tool.
You can turn it off by deleting the color line or leaving it blank like: "color="

Alternatively, when you save your coding results as plain texts, the color coding will not be kept.

Back
顶部