是我们学校一个年轻有为的教授的课程主页。Lakoff的得意弟子哦。
觉得也许对有些朋友有用,所以贴上来分享。

希望您能为我们带来更多的国外的消息!那可真是造福CORPUS4U的广大C友哦!

回复:一个corpus linguistics的课程链接

以下是引用 soniaxiao2006-2-28 21:48:43 的发言:
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~bergen/corpus/

是我们学校一个年轻有为的教授的课程主页。Lakoff的得意弟子哦。
觉得也许对有些朋友有用,所以贴上来分享。

soniaxiao: I'm interested in your thought on the Python programing part. Your professor
seems to have spend quite a bit of time on this, how did you find this part of the course?
Do you think it's worth spending this much time on the programing language? Was this
part generally well received by your classmates? Thanks for any information you can provide.

以下是引用 动态语法2006-4-1 2:50:32 的发言:
soniaxiao: I'm interested in your thought on the Python programing part. Your professor
seems to have spend quite a bit of time on this, how did you find this part of the course?
Do you think it's worth spending this much time on the programing language? Was this
part generally well received by your classmates? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Programing is very useful, but learning how to program can be a tough journey.
I'm interested in soniaxiao's answer too.

ah...actually I am not taking this class. I just know about the course and put the link here FYI. But I can try to forward the question to someone who is taking it.

Sorry for disappointing you. [emm5][emm9]

Standard tools are often inadequate in corpus exploration and even more so in corpus building. One has not really started on corpus linguistics until one has done a little bit of programming (in any language).

以下是引用 xiaoz2006-4-1 22:08:28 的发言:
Standard tools are often inadequate in corpus exploration and even more so in corpus building. One has not really started on corpus linguistics until one has done a little bit of programming (in any language).

I'm mostly interested in the pedagogical aspect of teaching programing: how much, if at all,
one can do within the time limit, without lossing the focus of teaching the "substantative" research issues.

以下是引用 xiaoz 在 2006-4-1 22:08:28的发言:
[/quote]

I totally agree with Dr.Xizo.

I think at least the essence of pattern matching, Regular Expressions (REs), should be taught. This may take up to three sessions to teach. REs are also useful when students learn to take the most from various corpus exploration tools even if they do not want to learn a programming language, though they are encouraged to learn an interpreter language such as Perl or Python, which is much easier than a compiler language.

以下是引用 动态语法2006-4-2 1:53:07 的发言:
I'm mostly interested in the pedagogical aspect of teaching programing: how much, if at all,
one can do within the time limit, without lossing the focus of teaching the "substantative" research issues.
Teaching programming would be a difficult task with limited course sessions,
especially to those that lack a general interest in finding out how computer think.
Actually learning how to use standard tools often proves to be a challenge to many.

Back
顶部