Major Work: discourse Studies

xiaoz

永远的超级管理员
Staff member
A bit off topic, but I thought it might be of interest to some of you -

The "major work" book, provisionally called DISCOURSE STUDIES by Sage, the first of a new "Benchmark" series, has gone into production .

The book will be printed in 5 volumes (unfortunately for a prohibitive price of some 500 pounds) and is especially for libraries (largely in Asia) that do not have a fund of older journal issues in which many of these articles have appeared before.

Please find attached the Table of Contents. In principle I included the articles recommended by the authors themselves.

Apart from including the most prominent authors in various fields of discourse studies -- defined rather broadly (including sociolinguistics, conversation analysis, anthropological linguistics, discursive psychology, communication studies, etc.) -- I also have tried to achieve at least some diversity by not only inviting women and men from North America, Australia and Europe, although they are, as usual, the majority. For several continents (such as Latin America) and countries (France, etc.) the language barrier is one of the reasons why there have been comparatively few articles in English published in the international journals.

Teun A. van Dijk
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Dept. de Traducció i Filologia
Rambla 30
08002 Barcelona

附件

• ATT3406681.doc
    74.5 KB · 浏览: 28
Back
顶部