请问怎样利用在线的母语语料库与CLEC进行overuse和underuse的比较

我手头只有CLEC的语料库,可是想与本族语者的某些连接词进行比较,看哪些是overuse和underuse.但是在线的母语语料库能进行keywords的查询吗?如果有的话,哪些可以呢?:confused:

回复: 请问怎样利用在线的母语语料库与CLEC进行overuse和underuse的比较

You actually do not need to do keyword analysis to find out about under- or overuse. Frequencies are sufficient for this.

Once you get the frequency, together with the corpus size, you can use chi-square or log likelihood test for overuse and underuse.

thank you xu, but i still have two questions: 1.can i use antconc to test chi-square or log likelihood, (i know chi-square can be tested by SPSS, do you mean that if i test chi-square, i have to copy the data to the SPSS)
2.what is the difference between chi-square and log likelihood

Keywords analysis in AntConc use log likelihood as its default signigicance test method (chi-square test is also available).

Fequency counts should be exported to SPSS to perform the tests.

Both chi-square and log likelihood tests will do for your purposes. But according to statistician, likelihood ratio yields improved result.
(In nature, log likelihood is an improved type of chi-square test.)

Thank you for patient explanations, Dr. xu. That is to say, i have to use both SPSS and AntConc for my statistics. The former is to get the frequency and the latter for the log likelihood test.

Yes. It is preferrably so.

Back
顶部