如何通过实验比较二语口语流利性发展和词块使用的口语特征

回复: 如何通过实验比较二语口语流利性发展和词块使用的口语特征

million thanks. and i want to do my research based on corpus. which corpus would you suggest? how and where can i get it? i'm in china now.
and i first test the subjects oral fluency, and then investigate their use of lexical chunks, and draw my conclusion. do you think it's scientific?
by the way, do you think it necessary that i analyze the use of four different types of lexical chunks the subjects used in speech? if so, i have a problem that the four types of lexical chunks(polywords, phrasal constrains, institutionalized expressions, and sentence builders) are not completely saprated from each other. some of them are interincluded, so i have to define them before i do the experiment, right?

I'm no expert in this area, that's why I suggested that you read Nick Ellis's work. There are no quick answers in research. You need to be familiar with what other people have done in the field. I'm pretty sure most of your questions can be answered by his and other related work.

I think Biber's work on lexical bundles in TOFEL corpus would be of help.

million thanks. and i want to do my research based on corpus. which corpus would you suggest? how and where can i get it? i'm in china now.
and i first test the subjects oral fluency, and then investigate their use of lexical chunks, and draw my conclusion. do you think it's scientific?
by the way, do you think it necessary that i analyze the use of four different types of lexical chunks the subjects used in speech? if so, i have a problem that the four types of lexical chunks(polywords, phrasal constrains, institutionalized expressions, and sentence builders) are not completely saprated from each other. some of them are interincluded, so i have to define them before i do the experiment, right?

BTW,how will you operationalize the concept of oral fluency? Thanks!

I think Biber's work on lexical bundles in TOFEL corpus would be of help.

Biber's work on lexical bundles with his TOEFL corpus is largely descriptive and register variation oriented, and has little to do with acquisitional concerns.

Biber, D. et al. 1999. Longman Grammar of Spoken and Written English [M]. London: Pearson Education.
Biber, D. et al. 2004. If you look at…: Lexical bundles in university teaching and textbooks [J]. Applied Linguistics 25(3): 371-405.
Camitiottoli, B. 2004. Walking on unfamiliar ground: Interactive discourse markers in guest lectures [A]. In A. Partington et al. (eds.). Corpora and Discourse [C]. Bern: Peter Lang. 91-106.
Cortes, V. 2004. Lexical bundles in published and student disciplinary writing: Examples from history and biology [J]. English for Specific Purposes 23(3): 397-423.
de Cock, D. 1998. A recurrent word combination approach to the study of formulae in the speech of native and non-native speakers of English. International Journal of Corpus Linguistics 3(1): 59-80.
Granger, S. (ed.). 1998. Learner English on Computer [C]. London: Longman.
Granger, S. 1996. From CA to CIA and back: An integrated approach to computerized bilingual and learner corpora [A]. In K. Aijmer et al. (eds.). Languages in Contrast: Text-based Cross-linguistic Studies. Lund Studies in English 88 [C]. Lund: Lund University Press. 37-51.
Granger, S. 2002. A bird’s-eye view of learner corpus research [A]. In S. Granger et al. (eds.). Computer Learner Corpora, Second Language Acquisition and Foreign Language Teaching [C]. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins. 3-33.
Hopper, P. 1987. Emergent grammar [J]. Berkeley Linguistic Society 13: 139-157.
Lancker-Sidtis, D. & G. Rallon 2004. Tracking the incidence of formulaic expressions in everyday speech: Methods for classification and verification [J]. Language & Communication 24(2): 207-240.
Lewis, M. (ed.). 2000. Teaching Collocation [C]. Hove: Language Teaching Publications.
Lewis, M. 1993. The Lexical Approach [M]. Hove: Language Teaching Publications.
Nattinger, J. & J. DeCarrico. 1992. Lexical Phrases and Language Teaching [M]. Oxford: CUP.
Pawley, A. & H. Syder. 1983. Two puzzles for linguistic theory: Native-like selection and native-like fluency [A]. In J. Richards & R. Schmidt (eds.). Language and Communication [C]. New York: Longman. 191-226.
Pulcini, V. & C. Furiassi. 2004. Spoken interaction and discourse markers in a corpus of learner English [A]. In A. Partington et al. (eds.). Corpora and Discourse [C]. Bern: Peter Lang. 107-124.
Renouf, A. 1992. What do you think of that: A pilot study of the phraseology of the core words of English [A]. In G. Leitner (ed.). New Directions in English Language Corpora: Methodology, Results, Software Developments [C]. Berlin and New York: Mouton de Gruyter. 301-317.
Scott, M. 2004. Oxford WordSmith Tools 4.0 Manual [Z]. Oxford: CUP.
Simpson, R. 2004. Stylistic features of academic speech: The role of formulaic expressions [A]. In U. Connor & T. Upton (eds.). Discourse in the Professions: Perspectives from Corpus Linguistics [C]. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins. 37-64.
Sinclair, J. 1991. Corpus, Concordance, Collocation [M]. Oxford: CUP.
Stubbs, M. 2002. Two quantitative methods of studying phraseology in English [J]. International Journal of Corpus Linguistics 7(2): 215-244.
Willis, D. 1990. The Lexical Syllabus: A New Approach to Language Teaching [M]. London: Collins ELT.
Wray, A. 2000. Formulaic sequences in second language teaching: Principle and practice [J]. Applied Linguistics 21(4): 463-489.
Wray, A. 2002. Formulaic Language and the Lexicon [M]. Cambridge: CUP.
何安平、徐曼菲,2003,中国大学生英语口语Small Words的研究 [J],《外语教学与研究》(6):446-452。
濮建忠,2005,语料库方法研究词块:问题、对策及思考 [OL],http://home.htu.cn/fl/clweek/pujz/chunks.ppt (2006年10月10日读取)。
王立非、祝卫华,2005,中国学生英语口语中话语标记语的使用研究 [J],《外语研究》(3):40-45。
卫乃兴,2004,中国学习者英语口语语料库初始研究 [J],《现代外语》(2):140-149。
卫乃兴、王晓婷,2005,中国学生英语口语中的词块特征分析 [A],载杨惠中、卫乃兴,《中国学习者英语口语语料库建设于研究》[C]。上海:上海外语教育出版社。59-69。
杨惠中、卫乃兴,2005,《中国学习者英语口语语料库建设与研究》[C]。上海:上海外语教育出版社。
张建琴,2004,中国高、中、初级英语学习者词汇短语使用的对比研究 [J],《外语界》(1):10-14。

Nobert Schmidt, Nan Jiang, Nick Ellis and many others approach this issue from a psycolinguistic reaction time based method, especially the first two scholars.

BTW,how will you operationalize the concept of oral fluency? Thanks!
i will test them in four aspects with 12 variables
they are temporal indices , necessary events, linguistic indices and performing indices. any suggestions?

I got it,many thanks!

Back
顶部