求析三句带the way的句子

求下面三句的句法如何分析,特别是the way 的用法:
(1) It’s annoying, the way she always cracks her knuckles.
(2)It’s annoying the way she always cracks her knuckles.
(3) She’s annoying the way she always cracks her knuckles.

另外一道高考题:It worries me the way he keeps changes his mind.的句法分析。
哪边有关于the way这方面的权威解读?
(我的第一反应是:It是形式主语,the way he keeps changes his mind是真正主语,可找不到权威的解释?名词词组(不是nominal clauses)可以做真正主语的吗?还是the way的特殊语法?谢谢。

It worries me (that)the way he keeps changes his mind.

It= that clause

主句结构为Sth. worries me.

回复: Re: 求析三句带the way的句子

It worries me (that)the way he keeps changes his mind.

It= that clause

主句结构为Sth. worries me.

Sorry, my mistake. The original sentence should be: It worries me the way he keeps changing his mind. In this case, seanxpq's analysis (it =that clause ) would seem inconvincing, for the that-clause is incomplete without a predicate. I think in "the way he keeps changing his mind", "the way" is the head noun followed by a modifier "he keeps changing his mind". 他老是改变主意(的方式),让我很担心。
Could a noun phrase serve as an extraposed subject(实义主语,真正主语)?I know a noun clause can do as in " It is a mystery what he sees in her."

回复: 求析三句带the way的句子

Your question is not so corpusy, but I would advise you to read some book on Halliday-style functional grammar.

Right-dislocation (noun phrase tag, or right-movement rules in Brown and Miller) used for clarification, sometimes also for the end-focus effect of the NP

e.g.
Has it got double doors, that shop?

Here, noun phrase tag clarifies what the pronoun it refers to. It also brings the NP "that shop" into end focus

Compare:
Your mother has gone out shopping.
She’s gone out shopping, your mother.

回复: 求析三句带the way的句子

thank you for your patient and insightful explanation. To achieve an end-focus may be the good reason to use the structure. (It is really not so relevant to the theme of this site. I decide to turn to it after i have tried but failed to find an answer in the books at hand. i know there are many great scholars here who know not only corpus but other theories, like you.)

Back
顶部