How to use Xaira step by step?

回复:How to use Xaira step by step?

Right. The files are folders are correct. Please ensure that LCMC is directly on your C drive. i.e. C:\LCMC. (LCMC should not be in the "index" folder)

If the problem remains, please open the file corpus_parameters.xml with WordPad, and copy and paste its contents in your reply.

[/quote]

- <corpus_parameters>
<parameter name="etcpath">etc</parameter>
<parameter name="name">LCMC</parameter>
<parameter name="textpath">texts</parameter>
<parameter name="rootpath">C:\LCMC\</parameter>
<parameter name="indexpath">index</parameter>
<parameter name="headerpath">corpus_header.xml</parameter>
<parameter name="temppath" />
<parameter name="log">off</parameter>
<parameter name="sourcepath">source</parameter>
<parameter name="bibpath">bib.xml</parameter>
<parameter name="validate">on</parameter>
<parameter name="grammarcache">off</parameter>
</corpus_parameters>

above is what the file "corpus_parameters.xml" say

Win ME should be fine for the Client, but not for the Indexer. I am downloading the your version the version you have got to see what will happen. I am wondering which release of Xaira you are using, 113 or 114.

When you get the error message "Cannot opne local server", can you click on "View log" and let me know what it says? Also select Help - About Xaira in the menu of the Client to see which version you are using. It should be 1.13.4.26 build on Arpil 26.

The parameters are correct. I have just tested your download and opened the corpus successfully.

I believe you have downloaded the wrong version of Xaira. You have got the latest release 1.14 while this version of LCMC requires Xaira 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, or 1.13.

A clear indicator that you have got Release 1.14 is that the icon for the xcorpus is different. Yours (a brownish circle) is for 1.14 while mine ("British National Corpus") is for 1.13 (compare your screen dum and mine).

The corpus must be re-indexed if you you want to use Xaira 1.14 (you cannot do that on your Win ME machine, requires Win 2000, NT, XP to run the indexer). The collocation link is disabled in this latest version.

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-7-8 10:20:10 的发言:
When you get the error message "Cannot opne local server", can you click on "View log" and let me know what it says? Also select Help - About Xaira in the menu of the Client to see which version you are using. It should be 1.13.4.26 build on Arpil 26.

"view log" says nothing. i downloaded the Xaira as i am told.

以下是引用 hancunxin2005-7-8 10:54:31 的发言:
以下是引用 xiaoz2005-7-8 10:20:10 的发言:

2005070811022348.jpg

have a look, xiaoz, it there anything wrong ? i downloaded from this site. it says 1.1.3. why what i finally got is a 1.1.4 version? puzzled!

以下是引用 hancunxin2005-7-8 12:55:33 的发言:
how to see the context of the SW?

the context of the SW? Not sure what you want.

以下是引用 hancunxin2005-7-8 13:30:37 的发言:
the "browse"function is disabled. i can browse the text in "xml" instead of "plain".

Do the following to browse a corpus file using the Client:

1) Select a corpus file in the corpus window
2005070823292081.jpg

2) Select Texts - Browse from the main menu, you will be able to read a file without XML markup.
2005070823304272.jpg

i want to see the context of a search word(sw)? for example, if i search“ 说”, i want to make a concordance, and see the words on the left and right side of "说", how ?

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-7-8 23:30:53 的发言:
以下是引用 hancunxin2005-7-8 13:30:37 的发言:
the "browse"function is disabled. i can browse the text in "xml" instead of "plain".

Do the following to browse a corpus file using the Client:

2005070908152466.jpg

i understand what you are saying. i did the same as you told. but, what i finally got is nothing,totally blank. i am sure i am doing the right thing. don't doubt my computer literacy. what is wrong?

2005070908190273.jpg

Back
顶部