请问国内或者网上有带声音文件的英语母语口语语料库吗?

回复: 请问国内或者网上有带声音文件的英语母语口语语料库吗?

要母语,最好买ICE-GB带语音的。

谢谢laohong和 xiaoz!

The Buckeye Speech Corpus

Go here for instructions on how to obtain a copy of the corpus.

The Buckeye Corpus of conversational speech contains high-quality recordings from 40 speakers in Columbus OH conversing freely with an interviewer. The speech has been orthographically transcribed and phonetically labeled. The audio and text files, together with time-aligned phonetic labels, are stored in a format for use with speech analysis software (Xwaves and Wavesurfer). Software for searching the transcription files is currently being written. The corpus is available to researchers in academics and industry.

谢谢老洪博士和肖博士!

回覆: 请问国内或者网上有带声音文件的英语母语口语语料库吗?

I think selected texts in the Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English (MICASE) come with audio files as well.

If you want to get the audio files of British English corpus, I suppose you may try Edinburgh University's AMI Meeting Corpus, or Lancaster University's Spoken English Corpus (SEC). The audio files of the SEC can be obtained if you contact Daniel Hirst for a copy of the Aix-MARSEC, which is basically SEC with the audio files and some advanced tagging.

Laohong, Linp,
Thank you so much for the information and suggestions. I want to use the corpus to help my studnts to improve listening and speaking as well. I don't know which one is more suitable because it's a little bit difficult for me to be clear how to use them. Hope you can give me more hints and suggestions. Thanks!

And are these two corpora free?

"I think selected texts in the Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English (MICASE) come with audio files as well."

Linp:
I've searched the corpus,but haven't found the audio files. Can you tell me how to find them in detail?

Laohong, Linp,
Thank you so much for the information and suggestions. I want to use the corpus to help my studnts to improve listening and speaking as well. I don't know which one is more suitable because it's a little bit difficult for me to be clear how to use them. Hope you can give me more hints and suggestions. Thanks!

For your purpose, VOA or BBC audios with the transcripts are better. VOA Special English is also good.

To listen to the audio files of selected texts in the Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English, please visit http://micase.elicorpora.info/sound-files-online

With regard to the use of corpora to teach English pronunciation or intonation, please read this article by Anne Wichmann. She has made some practical suggestions in the paper.

Wichmann, A. (1997). The use of annotated speech corpora in the teaching of prosody. In A. Wichmann, S. Fligelstone, T. McEnery & G. Knowles (Eds.), Teaching and language corpora (pp. 211-223). London: Addison Wesley Longman.

When I suggested you to have a look at the Spoken English Corpus (SEC), I forgot to mention why I think it has a lot of potential to be used in the teaching of British spoken English. The SEC does not only come with the original audio recordings, they also come with prosodic transcriptions. So when you teach, you can present the transcriptions so that the students can 'see' intonation changes as well as hear them.

The prosodic transcription of the SEC has been published as a book:

Knowles, G., Wichmann, A., & Alderson, P. R. (Eds.). (1996). Working with speech: Perspectives on research into the Lancaster/IBM spoken English corpus. London: Longman.

The only point to note, however, is that SEC mostly features monologic and (partly) scripted speech, e.g. radio news, sermons, story-reading, etc. The prosody of these speech genres will differ from conversational speech genres. Therefore, while you may use the SEC, it will be useful to include resources that feature conversational, unscripted speech as well.

The spoken corpora that I mentioned above all provide accompanying audio files free of charge. With the Aix-MARSEC which I like so much, you have to send 10 Euros to the research centre in France to cover for the adminstrative costs+postage of the CD. The CD contains both the corpus and the audio files.

Laohong and Linp:
Thank you so much for your help! your information is so useful for me.

Laohong:
The link of VOA can not be opened. Is there anything wrong?

Linp:
Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English is very good both for teaching and reserch. Great!

Laohong:
The link of VOA can not be opened. Is there anything wrong?...[/FONT][/COLOR]

我这里打开没问题。你在国内吧?估计被党和政府给和谐了吧。

If you want to improve students' listening and speaking, the following website is a better choice than a corpus. Please use subtitles.
http://www.ted.com/

Thank Godking very much. But it is a little difficult for my sudnets, I think.

请问:Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English (MICASE)的音频库有没有检索功能,是不是我不会用啊?

Back
顶部