A mixed marriage: East & West

patricx

高级会员
以下是引用 动态语法2005-7-26 9:57:13 的发言:
以下是引用 oscar32005-7-26 9:47:57 的发言:
Why can't we simply use the course book published in USA or UK if we can write a better one?

That would be my suggestion to anyone who can read English well. It's
not to suggest that there are no good books in China but that sometimes
it makes a lot of sense just to read the original text. This is especially
important if the text in question is a classic one. It's better to read the
orignal one than reading secondary sources.

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-7-26 10:01:25 的发言:
Absolutely.

One difficulty though - Books published outside China may cost a fortune. Some people told me that my aspect book would cost over 1000 Chinese yuan - their pockets would be happier if they could copy the book somewhere.

my suggestion: we can invite some foreigners to cooperate with us to write a linguistics book which is suitable for Chinese. what about Dr.xiao? can you invite McEnery and A. Wilson, write a better, updated, classic text book?

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年07月26日 21时29分59秒 编辑过]

回复:A mixed marriage: East & West

Our new book "Corpus-based Language Studies" is now open to orders and will be available worldwide this autumn. The paperback version of this book is 18.99 pounds, and pre-print orders only cost 15 pounds. See the publisher's site for more details.

https://ecommerce.tandf.co.uk/catalogue/DetailedDisplay.asp?ISBN=0415286220&ResourceCentre=LINGUISTICS&RedirectPage=PerformSearch%2Easp&curpage=1

my suggestion: we can invite some foreigners to cooperate with us to write a linguistics book which is suitable for Chinese. what about Dr.xiao? can you invite McEnery and A. Wilson, write a better, updated, classic text book?

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年07月26日 21时29分59秒 编辑过]

that's quite a good news.
when will your book come home? i will rush to buy this precious book first.

I have made avaialble ten chapters in the whole Section A at this site. I have prepared the book especially with Chinese readers in mind. The book can be ordered online from the publishers and major online bookstores.

i will still buy one copy even though you have already made some chapters available at our site. i will order one copy, please tell me the best site, if in China, that is the best, in UK, that's Ok!

You can order a copy at 20% discount for pre-orders by emailing to book.orders@routledge.co.uk:

Title: Corpus Based Language Studies (paperback) ISBN 0-415-28623-9 Price: 15 pounds (normal price 18.99)

or

Title: Corpus Based Language Studies (Hardbound) ISBN 0-415-28622-0 Price: 48 pounds (normal price 65)

Plus 2.5 pounds of package and postage.

The companion websites will be available shortly at
www.routledge.com/textbooks/0415286239

and

www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/corplang/cbls

Ordering books out of China sounds like a legend to me. Can I use my credit card issued
China Indutrial and Commercial Bank for this? Thank you.

Sorry I don't not know if credit cards for CNY accounts can be used for purchases abroad, but I know that foreign exchange account cards can be used.

ah? i often used my visa card (which issued by CCB=CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANCK) to buy or subscribe to magazines , it's very convenient.
pay attention to: visa card/master card, not dragon card issued by CCB.

thanks Richard. i will send an email to book.orders@routledge.co.uk

Back
顶部