研究习作: non-assertive form before a negator?

xiaoz

永远的超级管理员
Staff member
Classic grammars and classroom teachers tell us that a non-assertive form always follows a negator. Examples like "Any people never send some Christmas cards" (Quirk et al 1985) are unacceptable. Do you think the following sentences are alright?

a. Anyone less like prey he couldn't imagine.

b. Anything under that you don't pay.

c. Anybody could go and get all this stuff and then not pay

d. I also believe that any Labour councillors who supported the campaigners should not be expelled for their beliefs but made prospective leaders of their councils.

e. Any expansion of regional policy is not likely to be to the benefit of this country <…>

f. <…> any failure of a gate to close before a surge tide would not be catastrophic, the remaining gates providing enough obstruction to flows to prevent flooding upstream.

[本贴已被 动态语法 于 2005年08月04日 13时05分34秒 编辑过]

回复:Can a non-assertive

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-8-3 22:55:29 的发言:
Classic grammars and classroom teachers tell us that a non-assertive form always follows a negator.

What the grammars say is that you make sentences like

They don't have anyone to compete with the Russians.
I've never seen anything like that.

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年08月03日 23时51分39秒 编辑过]

回复:Can a non-assertive

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-8-3 22:55:29 的发言:
a. Anyone less like prey he couldn't imagine.
b. Anything under that you don't pay.
c. Anybody could go and get all this stuff and then not pay
d. I also believe that any Labour councillors who supported the campaigners should not be expelled for their beliefs but made prospective leaders of their councils.
e. Any expansion of regional policy is not likely to be to the benefit of this country <…>
f. <…> any failure of a gate to close before a surge tide would not be catastrophic, the remaining gates providing enough obstruction to flows to prevent flooding upstream.

Since these examples are from corpora, they obviously can occur. But notice that the
forms of most of these non-assertive tokens are interesting.

回复:Can a non-assertive f

majorlv511 还有那谁谁谁不是为找不到论文题目苦恼吗?这个就是个很好的论文题目。

Quirk et al (1985: 787):

Nonassertive items must normally be used after the negative element in place of every assertive item that would have occurred in the corresponding positive clause...

Notice that negative items (normally only one) must always precede the nonassertive items (my emphasis)...

Back
顶部