请教:如何找到英语变体中的凸现内容

先有假设,某英语变体(如澳大利亚英语)中会有凸现他们文化或生活或民族的词汇/内容,应如何找?如何解决这几个问题:
1。那些东东可能是词汇,如袋鼠,也有可能是内容,如sydney opera house,也就是说,有词,有词组,有词簇,也有一些其他
2。如何说明他们是凸现的呢?与,比如,英国英语比较可以吗?什么长度都有的词汇,如何比较?
3。以什么数值说明凸现度?

谢谢!

回复: 请教:如何找到英语变体中的凸现内容

很感兴趣的问题,期待着大师的指导。

Keyword analysis and semantic analysis (e.g. based on text annotated using Wamtrix ) might be useful.

Keyword analysis and semantic analysis (e.g. based on text annotated using Wamtrix ) might be useful.
Thank you Dr.Xiao. Keywords are words , right ?
how about 'Three Represents'
these two words would be quite hidden if they are analyze in keyword way.
and i am very interested in the second suggestion
"semantic analysis (e.g. based on text annotated using Wamtrix )", do you mind telling sth more about it? ----In a simple way, i am not good at those computer terms and tools.
waiting...sincerely

Yes keywords are words, and keyword clusters are similar. Both can be done in wordSmith.

You can find more information about content analysis with Wmatrix and how to apply for a one-month free trial account at the following link:
http://ucrel.lancs.ac.uk/wmatrix/

Yes keywords are words, and keyword clusters are similar. Both can be done in wordSmith.

You can find more information about content analysis with Wmatrix and how to apply for a one-month free trial account at the following link:
http://ucrel.lancs.ac.uk/wmatrix/
Thank you again.
More qustion:
I am now reading your book Aspect in Mandarin Chinese, would you expect the aspect features of Chinese, refleted in Chiese English? In what way?
Waiting...

Because of cross-linguistic contrast between English and Chinese, my speculation is that aspect marking (for viewpoint aspects) is likely to be much more common in Chinese English. But this quantitative contrast would be less marked than that between English and Chinese, as Chinese English is, anyway, subject to the same rules for combined tense-aspect morphological inflections.

The passive would probably be a good indicator of differences between Chinese English and British or American English. My contrastive studies of English and Chinese appears to suggest that Chinese English is likely to use passive constructions less frequently, to use long passives (with a by-phrase) more frequently, and to use the passive as an "inflictive" voice more frequently. These speculations are confirmed by the Chinese learner English data represented in the CLEC corpus.

How to look at "differences between Chinese English and British or American English" then.

When justifying this difference are not mistakes , could anybody say it is just features of our own? is it a safe argument, in your opinion?

We don't have blue eyes, compared with Brithsh people, should we do sth about it?

I find this question quite frustrating to me, could you share your opinon? thank you.
waiting...

I think it might of help to read some books on "world Englishes" or "new Englishes".

How to look at "differences between Chinese English and British or American English" then.

When justifying this difference are not mistakes , could anybody say it is just features of our own? is it a safe argument, in your opinion?

We don't have blue eyes, compared with Brithsh people, should we do sth about it?

I find this question quite frustrating to me, could you share your opinon? thank you.
waiting...

是的肖博士。我也看了一些这方面的内容,其中您2009年的Multidimensional analysis and the study of world Englishes,我因为技术薄弱,看着看着,就lost 了,主要是不知道您中间操作的方法,同时,可以再不厌其烦地稍微说说结论部分吗?不好意思,请技术扶贫!我这样问自己都觉得不好意思,但是真的很感兴趣。waiting...

Back
顶部