中国人用语料库研究英语的优势你认为在哪里!

中国英语学习者人数众多,情况复杂,可以为研究者们提供多样的素材。如果做不同母语背景的英语学习者对比研究的话,中国是必不可少的国家之一。

When non-native speakers of English use native English corpora, they are actually borrowing the intuitions of a large number of native speakers. The outcome of their research is not different from those of native English researchers.

Agree with Richard!
I like the idea of "borrowing the intuition of a large number of native speakers"

回复:中国人用语料库研究英语的优势你认为在哪里!

以下是引用 xiaoz2005-7-2 19:31:33 的发言:
[face=Book antiqua]When non-native speakers of English use native English corpora, they are actually borrowing the intuitions of a large number of native speakers. The outcome of their research is not different from those of native English researchers.[/face]

I wouldn't say "the outcome of their research is not different from those of native English researchers", but it's close, or rather, it is the closest a nonnative speaker can get, and that's a remarkable thing.

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年07月04日 06时25分15秒 编辑过]

以下是引用 动态语法2005-7-4 6:23:40 的发言:

I wouldn't say "the outcome of their research is not different from those of native English researchers", but it's close, or rather, it is the closest a nonnative speaker can get, and that's a remarkable thing.

[本贴已被 作者 于 2005年07月04日 06时25分15秒 编辑过]

Agreed. It is indeed more accurate to use the wording "close", because individual researchers' (non-native) intuitions cannot be avoided in a corpus-based approach, though the primary evidence is the corpus data. The corpus methodology is necessarily a fusion of corpora and intuitions.

我认为不应该是优势或劣势的区分, 主要是中国如此大一国家,在英语语言学方面的研究还是落后于西方,尽管近十几年有很大发展,我们还是应该利用我们的优势,收集尽可能多的中国学生学习外语的资料,建成有中国特色的语料库,最终帮助中国学习者花更少的时间学好英语。

我觉得CAROL说的挺好,如果我们能够借助语料库找出中国英语学习者中介语的使用特点,并借助这些证据来帮助他们更快掌握好英语这样便是最好的了!中国英语教师有了语料库语言学知识加上汉语功底一定能更快地更有效地解决中国英语学习者的问题!您说呢?

Learner corpus/interlanguage research with reference to the Chinese L1 background is certainly an important aspect of corpus studies in China, but this is only a small part in relation to what is intended in the original posting. I cannot see why and how corpora for other sreas of studies can be designed to have 中国特色.

将汉语语料库运用于汉语研究与汉语教学中,研究以汉语为外语的外国学生学习使用汉语过程中的特点,这也算一点中国特色吧?您说呢?

I can agree to this if you mean Chinese corpora by 中国特色. But we should not be confined to 中国特色corpus research. Just like some foreigners are doing Chinese corpus research (e.g. Sharoff's Leeds corpus), some Chinese are building and studying English corpora (e.g. Yang's JEST)

I mean both native and learner corpora but some others refer to learner corpora of English/Chinese. That's why there is a bit of twist here.

以下是引用 清风出袖2005-7-20 12:33:32 的发言:
将汉语语料库运用于汉语研究与汉语教学中,研究以汉语为外语的外国学生学习使用汉语过程中的特点,这也算一点中国特色吧?您说呢?

用“汉语特色”是否更确切?

Or corpora composed of data produced by Chinese learners of English and foreign learners of Chinese, plus native corpora of Chinese?

我的这些话不知道该不该发在这里
都说中国人这么多研究语言学的都是在阐述国外的一些理论,翻来覆去,很少结合中国实际.现在的语料库研究也是如此.目前也能找到很多语料库方面的文章,但不外是一些综述的,概念性的.没有实际意义

Back
顶部